Season’s Greetings fellow scooterists!!!
The end of the year is upon us, time once again to don those twinkling lights and festoon your favorite scoot with festive finery—it’s time for the PostMods Annual FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS!
- DATE: Sunday, December 9th
- TIME: 5pm-9pm
- KICK-OFF LOCATION: Crissy Field Center parking lot (just look for the LIMITLESS Sprinter van!)
- DESTINATION: Tiburon’s 8.5 mile long Paradise Drive loop
- POST-RIDE DINNER LOCATION: TBD — Waypoint Pizza? Super Duper?
- DRESS WARMLY WITH PLENTY OF SAFE LAYERS AGAINST THE COLD!!
- $5 RAFFLE TICKETS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE EVENING FOR PRIZES BOTH LARGE & SMALL, BRING CASH FOR TIX plus DINNER AFTER THE RIDE
- RSVPs ARE REQUIRED BY 5PM WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 5TH to secure restaurant seating / reservations plus pre-ride coffee & refreshments!! Simply respond via email to this newsletter, or click on GOING on the event’s page on Facebook.
PLEASE NOTE— This year marks the first PostMods Festival of Lights wherein the group will not be meeting up before the ride to decorate our scooters somewhere warm and toasty indoors. Instead, we are asking each rider to arrive to the Crissy Field Center no later than 5pm, with your scooter fully decorated, roadworthy and ready to compete for such awards as “Most Festive Scooter Dressage” & “Best Costume/Scooter Combo”. Cookies, cocoa and coffee shall be served before we ride. Judging shall commence sharply at 5pm, with prizes awarded at 5:25 sharp. A quick safety pre-ride announcement shall follow the awards, with kickstands up at 5:30pm. As usual, if you’re not there for the pre-ride safety meeting, you don’t ride with the group— NO EXCEPTIONS.
We’ll roll out and cross the Golden Gate Bridge, duck into Sausalito & wiggle along side streets into Mill Valley then across the 101 toward Tiburon. Our well-lit cavalcade shall make its way along the quiet, twisty, darkened backroads of Paradise Drive, stopping at downtown Tiburon’s Waypoint Pizza or Mill Valley’s Super Duper for a warm-up & a bite to eat before we cross the bridge bound for home.
- PRIZES SHALL BE FINALIZED BEFORE THE FESTIVAL, BUT SO FAR MAY INCLUDE:
- $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD
- FREE SCOOTER OIL CHANGE ($220 VALUE) from Revolution Moto
- SENA BLUETOOTH HELMET HEADSET
- HOLIDAY SCOOTER-THEMED POSTCARDS by artist Stephanie Yue
- CUSTOM LEATHER TOOL ROLL by leather craftsman Pete Surber
- CUSTOM WOODEN VESPA REAR RACK DECK by Dale Smith
- $150 PLUSHLUSTER GIFT E-CARD from Marco Vazquez
At the time of this newsletter’s mailing, there’s a 40% chance of rain on Sunday December 9th, & the event may be canceled in the interest of riders’ safety. Those who RSVP by the deadline of Wednesday December 5th shall receive updates via email on the event’s status as the date nears.
Very much looking forward to riding with each & every one of you on Sunday December 9th!!
Pete D.R. Surber
Director of Membership & Recruitment